Preparing your trees for the spring and summer months is a useful tool to ensure the health of your trees through pruning, removal and tree cutting Auckland-wide. When winter is over, the beautiful flowers and new tree growth often make us forget that spring signals heavy rain and strong winds.
It's important to know how to prepare beforehand and care for your trees during the spring season to prevent them from falling over or breaking and help keep them healthy for a prosperous summer.
Accounting for strong winds
In the springtime, there are powerful winds, and it is important to take necessary precautions to reduce tree failure.
Make sure you:
- Book a certified Arborist to have your trees and shrubs professionally pruned.
- Get any hanging or dead branches removed by our tree trimming services.
- Assess your tree for signs of decay or physical damage.
- Book tree removal services for removing dead and decaying trees.
Although a wonderful sign of life, sudden tree growth can be an extreme nuisance on your property of your neighbours. Trees may become completely overgrown. Be prepared this year and book professional tree services from us early. Whether it's for tree trimming in Auckland or the North shore, our professional tree pruning will give you peace of mind.
How to care for your trees during spring
The days are becoming longer, trees are blossoming and warmth can be felt once again. This is a perfect opportunity to have some time outdoors and attend to your trees. Prepare them for the spring and summer months so they can flourish and reach their full potential.
Here are some spring care tips for your trees:
- Assess your trees - Make sure you monitor your trees, especially for pests or physical damage. Pests and diseases can wreak havoc on plant life, so make sure you contact our arborists about any problems you have to catch them early, reducing the risk of tree removal. Stormier weather can weaken trees, if you notice anything unusual about your trees such as fractures or leaning, contact our trained team to determine what steps are needed.
- Cleanup and pruning - Collecting up all loose debris around trees lessen the likelihood of fungal growth. This can be material such as twigs, leaves or fruit. Proper pruning encourages growth, allowing your trees to thrive.
- Mulch your trees - More important for young trees. Mulching maintains moisture and discourages weeds. Ensure you apply the layer of mulch around the bottom of the tree, not up the trunk, to decrease the risk of fungal growth. This is an important factor for plant health care.
- Fertilise - Apply fertiliser to your garden. This will add any lost nutrients and reduce risk of disease, insects and vulnerability to the elements. Doing this often can improve your plant's health.
- Plant new trees - Making sure you do your research, planting trees in spring is a great idea. Make sure you consider underground utilities, such as gas mains, any overhead obstructions like power lines and trunk flare.
A1 Sure Services
At A1 Sure Services, we offer excellent tree work such as tree services in the North Shore, West Auckland, Central Auckland, South Auckland and Eastern Auckland area. A1 Sure Service works with both residential and commercial properties and can monitor and recommend tree care based on the overall health of the tree.
As professional arborists in the North Shore and Auckland-wide region, we are extremely safety conscious with a focus on providing high quality tree services to our clients. We also specialise in the highly recommended, regular tree care through hedge trimming and tree pruning in the North Shore, Central Auckland, South Auckland, East Auckland and the West Auckland region. If you want the entire tree completely removed, we can even offer tree stump removal and stump grinding in Auckland.
Contact us today for all your emergency tree removal requirements and we’ll complete a free no-obligation on-site inspection within 48 hours. Request a quote here.