Tree removal is inevitable, but sometimes it can be a little tough to decipher whether or not the tree needs to be removed.
We recently touched on a few of the obvious reasons why you may need to remove a tree, which we’ll remind you of below plus a few more reasons that you may not have known.
- Your tree is dead.
- Your tree is growing an odd fungus, which could be mushrooms at the base of the trunk or other fungi further up.
- Your tree has dead or dying branches that are starting to hang from the top of the tree.
- Storm damage.
- Roots from the tree are getting too close to residential structures.
- A leaning tree.
- A too-large tree that may be creating too much shade, therefore stopping the growth of other plants or grass below.
There are also some not so obvious reasons you may need tree removal. Below we discuss a few things to keep a close eye on. If your tree is showing any of these signs, then it’s time to get in a professional arborist to perform tree removal.
- Cracking in the main trunk, which can cause weakness.
- Interior rot, which can be checked for by removing a small piece of bark and if underneath is dark brown then you know your tree is rotting.
- The tree has outgrown its location and is growing into other trees or powerlines, or even getting scarily close to a house.
- Insect infestation, you’ll want to sort this out quickly before it spreads to other trees.
- Too many trees in a small space. It’s best to clear a couple out as to not get overcrowding.
Whatever the reason for tree removal, it’s always best to get a professional in. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you could cause even more damage to your property, home or a person. The process is carried out by professionals who will cut the tree and lift it with a specially-designed crane to maximize safety and efficiency (if required).
The team at A1 Sure Services will also grind down the stump to make it as aesthetically pleasing as possible and can carry out stump removal as well if that is something you’re needing.
Small trees or large trees - we can do it all safely and efficiently! We are fully insured with public liability up to $2M and have the personnel and equipment to complete almost any job whilst following strict health and safety guidelines. Whether we’re removing a tree or simply trimming it, you and your tree’s health is our number one priority.
We service the North Shore, Central Auckland, West Auckland, East Auckland, South Auckland & Rodney District/ Hibiscus Coast.